Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Secret Koala Invasion

Is there anything cooler than original art meant for your own campaign?  I don't think so.

I'm high as a kite because today I received not one, but two pieces of art for Wampus Country.  The first comes to us from Melissa Richmond, who was very kindly soliciting requests for character illustrations.  I asked for a man in a three-piece suit and bowler hat, maybe he's a wizard with an unusual familiar.  And this is the result!
I think the monocle and fingerless gloves - not to mention the koala in all his glory - put this one over the top.  Fantastic stuff, Melissa, thank you!  Now everyone will want a koala familiar with a top hat.

And speaking of koalas, Doomsdave was inspired to sketch after reading the post about reskinning hybrid monsters.  He brings us this rendition of a cardinal/koala, the "koardinal-bear"!
Awesome sketch, Doomsdave - I guarantee I won't be the only one using a koardinal-bear after seeing this artwork!

What is it with koalas this week, anyway?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you like it Erik. I'm stoked to see my doodle up on your blog.

    ReplyDelete